Oxford Brookes University (OBU) – like other UK universities – has degree awarding power, granted by Royal Charter. But what does this mean? Well, these powers are granted on the basis of Oxford Brookes University having appropriate procedures for assuring the quality and standards of its awards in both design and operation, and being subject to the scrutiny of the QAA, the body responsible to the UK Government’s Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills for assuring the quality of UK Higher Education in the public interest. So although you don’t physically attend Oxford Brookes University to gain the BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting, the degree programme is of the same rigorous standard as other degrees oered by Oxford Brookes University and meets standards set by QAA.
BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting
|Duration: 2 Years|
|BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting|
The Times states that Oxford Brookes is “rmly established as England’s leading post-1992 University” and moved up three places to reach 48th in a table of UK Higher Education Institutions. This has aorded Oxford Brookes “a level of competition not unlike that at some Russell Group universities”.
Students studying for their ACCA professional qualication have the opportunity to obtain a degree from Oxford Brookes University, one of the UK’s leading modern universities with an international reputation for teaching excellence and innovation as well as strong links with business and industry.
The degree can be obtained during or after studying towards the ACCA qualication. By gaining the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting, students will demonstrate that they possess not only the professional skills gained through the successful completion of the ACCA exams but also the graduate skills which are increasingly sought in an ever more competitive employment market. Imperial College now offers mentoring service which provides ACCA students with the necessary support to obtain the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting.
“By gaining the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting, awarded by Oxford Brookes University, you will not only demonstrate to potential or existing employers that you possess all the relevant graduate skills to equip you for a brilliant career in accounting and nance, but that it is from a university that has a reputation for excellence.”
To be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University before passing any of the three ACCA Fundamentals papers, F7, F8 and F9.
- Pass the three ACCA Fundamentals papers F7, F8 and F9 and pass other papers as required to successfully complete all nine Fundamentals papers.
- Complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module. You will gain access to the Professional Ethics module via myACCA as soon as you become eligible to take Paper P1, Professional Accountant.
- You must successfully complete the Fundamental level exam papers F1-F9 and complete the Professional Ethics module before submitting a Research and Analysis Project to Oxford Brookes University. You are required to pay a submission fee to Oxford Brookes University with your project submission.
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project.
The Research and Analysis Project (RAP) is the component of the BSc degree and consists of two separate documents;
- A 7,500 word Research Report (RR), and
- A 2,000 word Skills and Learning Statement (SLS).
- You are also required to give a PowerPoint presentation on the project to your project mentor.
Your Registered Project Mentor should be one of the following:
- Your tutor at College or University
- A senior colleague at work e.g. your line manager
- A qualified Chartered Certified Accountant
If you wish to submit a Research and Analysis Project (RAP) to Oxford Brookes, you must have a Registered Project Mentor.
The Project Mentor has two different roles:
- To support your preparation of your RAP by providing advice
and feedback to you at appropriate times during your RAP activities;
- To confirm Oxford Brookes University that he or she has been your Project Mentor and that your RAP is your own work. Your Project Mentor will certify this and Oxford Brookes University will check a sample of Project Mentor certifications.
You will have three face-to-face meetings with your Project Mentor. These meetings provide your Project Mentor with the opportunity to guide your RAP work and provide feedback to you. The meetings also provide you with the opportunity to develop your personal skills including questioning, listening and giving a presentation. You will reflect on your graduate skills development in your Skills and Learning Statement. At Imperial Institute, the official mentor guides students through their Research and Analysis Project. He is a qualified accountant and an experienced ACCA tutor with extensive practical knowledge. He also has successfully completed an online mentoring course.
Oxford delivered by Brookes University which is designed to provide mentors with the necessary knowledge and skills to enable them to effectively support mentees in their Research and Analysis Projects. Mentor is available to students depending on a flexible time schedule and a start date. Once students know when they wish to start their course, the mentor will be happy to give further information about the OBU RAP.
Students can find the mentor by accessing the following OBU website:
Latest date to complete the Professional Ethics module 29th March 2017
Earliest submission of RAP online 01st May 2017
Latest submission of RAP online 17th May 2017
Oxford Brookes University BSc Examination Board
RAP and BSc degree results despatched 20th Sept 2017
Please note that projects must be submitted online at the Oxford Brookes University website by the date of latest submission. After this date, the online submission facility will close and you will have to wait until the next session before you can submit.
You are required to pay a project submission fee to Oxford Brookes University with any project submission. The Oxford Brookes University RAP submission fee is £250 for Period 34. This fee is subject to increase in subsequent submission periods. The fee should be paid online when uploading your project. Should you experience any difficulties with the online payment facility, or you are unable to pay in this way, please contact email@example.com. Please note that no RAP will be accepted without a
If you have an enquiry concerning the BSc degree in general, or the Research and Analysis Project please read the information above first. If you still have a query then please contact the ACCA office at Oxford Brookes University.
Oxford Brookes University Business School Wheatley Campus
Oxford OX33 1HX
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 485702
Fax: +44 (0) 1865 485802
|Duration: 2 Years|
|BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting|